This course intends to:
- Show how to use seismic data for unconventional reservoir characterization.
- Understand what reservoir parameters are important in developing low permeability assets and how seismic data can be used to high grade drilling locations
- Investigate the relationship between in-situ stress state and the brittle ductile transition
- Make links between elastic properties and reservoir properties through rock physics
- Search for links between elastic properties and reservoir properties to failure properties
- Compare and contrast the conventional and unconventional QI workflows
- Explore the difference and significance of quantitative and qualitative workflows
- Understand seismic anisotropy and the impact on QI workflows for unconventional plays
Marco Perez received his B.Sc. at McGill University before completing an M.Sc. in Geophysics at the University of Calgary. He started working at PanCanadian, later Encana, focusing on AVO, inversion and LMR analysis. He then moved to Apache in 2007 Marco and continued to work with advanced geophysical techniques within the Exploration & Production Technology group where he assisted in characterizing many different unconventional plays including the Horn River, Montney and Duvernay. In 2016 he moved to Velvet Energy where he is a Sr. Exploration Geophysicist.