The CSEG Foundation operates the following programs:
- The academic Scholarship program, established over 30 years ago, which awards up to $40,000 per year in scholarships to deserving geoscience students in universities across Canada. It is being extended to include students in post-secondary technical institutes.
- The national CSEG Canadian Distinguished Lecture Tour, an annual event that started in 2005. Many post-secondary Geoscience departments across Canada host an industry or academic expert who delivers a presentation highlighting topics of current interest.
- Outreach programs, including:
- The Schools and Public Outreach, offering information to students and the public at schools, career fairs and events across Canada.
- Earth Science for Society, an annual three day, free exhibition with hands-on geoscience activities for the public and junior high school students.
- Seismic in Motion for Students, a joint CAGC/CSEG program that takes high school students and industry personnel to see seismic field operations.
- The Ambassador program, where CSEG volunteers host and coordinate events for Geoscientists across Canada.
- The Challenge Bowl competition for post-secondary students, held each year in Calgary and Atlantic Canada. The Foundation sponsors the Canadian winners' attendance at the International Challenge Bowl final.
- The University Student Outreach program, which provides training, networking, and mentoring opportunities for students, supports post-secondary geoscience conferences, and assists with student membership fees.
- The Travel Grant and Learning Subsidy program, to help CSEG members develop their professional geoscience knowledge or skills by supporting educational opportunities. Many post-secondary student members have received funds to travel to national or international Geoscience conferences.