Donate Online Here:
Download the Printable Donation Form Here:
CSEG Foundation Pledge Form
The CSEG Foundation is fundraising to encourage and support scientific, educational and charitable activities that benefit geophysicists. The fundraising will support programs such as academic Scholarships, the Canadian Distinguished Lecture Tour, Outreach, Earth Science for Society (ESfS), Travel Grants and Learning Subsidies.
Message from the Chair
As the Chair of the CSEG Foundation it is my pleasure to highlight the programs and successes of the organization made possible by our past donors. This year’s highlights include an increase in the Foundation’s assets thanks to the generous donations of our members and corporate supporters as well as from the income generated from our investments. Our program spending was about $200,000 for 2018 with program highlights such as:
- The Earth Science for Society (ESfS) program hosted over 2500 attendees of the public, including students from schools and youth groups.
- Our Outreach Programs continued to support students in universities and K-12 schools with networking, mentoring and education.
- Scholarships: The Foundation awarded 13 scholarships to students at nine institutions across Canada in 2018.
- Travel grants and learning subsidies program helped students take courses and attend conferences, seminars and geoscience field trips.
- Canadian Distinguished Lecture topic was Geophysics for Unconventional Reservoirs, delivered across Canada by David Gray.
We are looking forward to another successful year providing the programs that are at the core of the Foundation and at the heart of the CSEG membership. Due to recent economic conditions the task of providing these programs in a cost efficient manner without substantial cuts has been a particular challenge for all those involved. I’d like to thank the hard-working and dedicated Board of Directors, CSEG staff and all of our volunteers who have contributed their time in order to make this an ongoing program which benefits the Canadian geophysical community. To those of you that have donated, your generosity and contributions are greatly appreciated by all of us!
Chair of the CSEG Foundation Board of Directors, 2019 – 2020
- Your gift to the CSEG Foundation strengthens the future of geoscience by investing in activities that encourage and support those looking to enter the profession.
- Giving to the CSEG Foundation is an opportunity to “give back” and “pay forward”.
- Working together as one membership, we can impact the profession. We can accomplish far more collectively than as individuals.
- Giving to the CSEG Foundation delivers value to each and every member.
Your contribution makes a difference! There are various ways in which you can support the Foundation through Planned Giving:
- Cash; Pledges.
- Property; Real Estate; Stocks and Securities.
- Life insurance.
- Registered Retirement Funds
Giving and Getting Something Back
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Gifts of Residual Interest
The Ultimate Legacy
- An Endowment
To learn more about these gifting options, please review our comprehensive Planned Giving Guide.
The Foundation is pleased to recognize donors at the following levels:
- Members’ Society – up to $999
- Doodlebug Society – $1000-$9999
- Chairman’s Society – $10,000 – $24,999
- President’s Society – $25,000 – $49,999
- Leadership Society – $50,000 – $99,000
- Champion – $100,000+
- Legacy Society – Planned Giving
Support the CSEG Foundation, either personally or through your company. Contact the CSEG office at (403) 262-0015 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Download the Gift Acceptance Guidelines here: CSEGF Gift Acceptance Guidelines