CSEG Geophysics Mentorship Program
What makes a great mentee? Ambition, good listener, proactive, trustworthy, desire for personal and professional growth.
What makes a great mentor? Non-judgemental, good listener, helpful, trustworthy, life-long learner.
Are you a student or young professional who is seeking insight, advice and an introduction into a career as a geoscientist? Sign up to become a Mentee HERE.
Are you a Geoscientist who wants to practice leadership skills, give back to the next generation of geoscientists and share insights learned over your career? Sign up to become a Mentor HERE.
LinkedIn: Primary social media space for news and activities.
Youtube: Features mentor development talks and presentations.
What should I expect? Mentees
- You will make first contact with your mentor.
- Understand that your mentor’s time is valuable. Ask lots of questions, preferably prepared in advance.
- With your mentor, decide on the frequency and type of your meetings. Online may not be ideal but necessary.
- Be prepared to jointly set goals and achieve them. You build trust by doing what you say you are going to do.
What should I expect? Mentors
- Be prepared for first contact with your mentee, set time and date for meeting.
- Set guidelines for meeting frequency and type.
- Offer positive feedback and encouragement. Build mentees confidence.
- Define SMART goals and assist mentee in achieving them.
- Take a genuine interest in your mentee’s success – career and personal.